View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O
Err, no, it _does_ fail. Unless your Kindle already was jailbroken.

And, no, neither of the hacks posted here add anything to the version tag in the Settings. Unless you already had another SS hack installed/badly uninstalled (clarknova's SS v0.3 didn't correctly remove the version tag, if I remember correctly. If that's the version tag you're seeing, you'd better use clarknova's uninstaller to reset your version tag, or you won't be able to install official updates).

Anyway, you seem to have been mixing up hacks from all around the place, and if the initial jailbreak you had wasn't clarknova's, you'll also probably have to uninstall it with the author's uninstaller in order to be able to install official updates, because AFAIK, most of the others K 2.5 jailbreak hacks _overwrote_ Amazon's cert. clarknova's and mine leave it alone and just _add_ another cert, which is a bit safer, especially if you forgot you had it installed, since if you forgot what hacks you have installed, you pretty much have no visible way to know if a jailbreak has been installed other than trying to install a hack. With a font or ss hack, you obviously have different fonts & ss ^^.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-02-2010 at 07:07 PM.
NiLuJe is online now   Reply With Quote