View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Thanks Mikaelalind and Wayspooled for the suggestions!

I've already got a couple of Dumas books lined up for him to try. The nice part about those is they are out of copyright, so in the public domain - as are the Sabatini ones.

We looked together at all of your suggestions that I could find in ebook format, and he thinks he also wants to try the Cornwell "Sharpe" books (even though one reviewer indicated there are sometimes women/mushy parts), and also maybe the Conn Iggulden ones.

So, now he has some to try, and if he likes any of them a lot, there are many books in each series. I'm still open to other suggestions, but many thanks to the two of you!

- Sue

P.S. You're right, the John Maddox Roberts ones are scant on battles! I love them, but most are straight mysteries, with a bit of political commentary built in. And most of them ARE available as ebooks, although a bit pricey for books in backlist, if memory serves...

P.P.S. And he does read some non-fiction military history, but we find those often don't translate so well as e-books if there are maps of battles and stuff like that in them. So, he sticks to paper for those.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote