View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclough View Post
Oh, I know how to edit the .css files; the problem I have is that even at 1.2em or 1.5em, it looks more like 3-5em. I never had this problem with the Astak firmware, even under CoolReader; it wasn't until using the LBook firmware that I had the problem with the oversized indents. The same is true with the chapter breaks in The Oort Perimeter--no problem until LBook and CoolReader; now the chapters just run together, with a simple "Chapter 15" (or whatever chapter I'm on) as a separate paragraph, no page break between chapters, and the chapter header is not bigger in any way.
I really can not understand how you are getting the rendering that you describe with the Lbook firmware from 22 June 2010??? Here is a small screen sample of a book that I recently purchased and converted to EPUB. It shows the beginning of a new chapter with the usual centering, font enlargement, and bolding for titles and subtitles. New chapters always start on a new page in all my EPUB books. This screen sample is running on a 5" PockePRO with the 22 June 2010 Lbook firmware and CoolReader instead of ADE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclough View Post
I know that I could manually edit each .css file, to make them work the way I want them to under LBook's CoolReader, but then what will happen when there's an upgrade, or Astak has an upgrade, or OpenInkpot works for the Pocket Pro/V5, etc., and I have to edit everything again, and again, and again....
There is certainly no need to do that. I never custom tweak the CSS that I use in the EPUB files that I build. They all use the same CSS.

I am wondering if you actually downloaded and installed the correct 22 June 2010 Lbook firmware, since the situation you seem to be in is something that I seem to remember from last year?????????????????????????????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	54382  
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote