View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Touch and Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrrad View Post
Nope, doesn't work for me.

Trouble is, the landing page opens through an automatic redirect under usual circumstances. But this here device gets stuck with a blank page when that redirect happens, with a "this page has moved" error on the title of the browser. (hope this is making sense)

As you might imagine, it's really frustrating to have gotten this brand new device and not being able to connect to register it and download the books that are already on my B&N account.

Would appreciate if anyone could tell me a workaround to get that done (Is there maybe a way to connect it to my PC and connect to the internet through there?)
You can download your books from the B&N website and use the USB connection to copy the books to the My Documents folder on the Nook. That way you can at least start reading your books.

As for the wifi hotspot login.
I believe someone at the B&N forum got a browser login working by not choosing the hotspot from the list detected by the Nook, but by configuring the hotspot manually using the "other hotspot" option (last choice in the list).
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote