View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 AM   #10
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
You can do it in Calibre. The ISBN tag is available for editing, along with Title, Author, etc.

As far as I can see, this works will DRM books as well. But whether the Kindle actually "sees" the edited ISBN, I don't know.
No, Amazon doesn't use the tag data. I'm pretty certain they go off the ASIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
I'm not sure you actually could, because I think it'd need a legit book id to assign to it. AKA, something only Amazon could do.

And it might make amazon a little suspicious if they happen to notice.
I think as long as you get the ASIN in there, Amazon should recognize it as whatever the ASIN is. I think the only thing that would make Amazon suspicious is if Kindle highlights and quotes are coming from a non-kindle book ASIN. I don't really care about that, though. What's it matter if Amazon is suspicious. I'm not doing anything illegal and I'm pretty sure it's not against Amazon's terms and services. Like I said, all I'm interested in is getting the quotes I post to automatically show up as the correct book. It just looks better. Plus, it posts to Facebook with cover art.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote