View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
I reran another another trace on Bookland access, this time it asked me to select my preferred network after I did it then showed me the "opening connection" dialog and then subsequently failed. This time it sent out no network messages at all - not event a DHCP discovery and request message!!

So Question 1: why is the Bookland app behaviour inconsistent (asking for a network or simply taking the preferred network choice when in both cases there is not netowrk connection and some establishment is required?

Question 2: why in both of the inconsistent behaviour cases mentioned does it not send out either DHCP messages and/or an ARP request whilst the browser applications are able to do this correctly

I think there are other Wifi networking inconsistencies but these 2 are the most pressing ones to resolve in getting the Bookland application working properly

Does the 302 have any data that can be checked for internal state? Is it posible to get root access and check stuff out?
1: The Bookland app is consistent as it ALWAYS asks for a network and connects through that. (if your 302 functions correctly)

2: It does, normally

This sounds like something is not entirely right with your Bookland installation. Try reinstalling the firmware.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote