View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 07:33 AM   #8
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
They are different books, though. They have different introductions, different footnotes, etc.

I guess, it's a bit of a stretch though . I mean you can have 100 different copies, with 100 slightly different annotations or , what have nots it still doesn't change the fact it's still just one title.
Think of it like this. Let's say I have 40 copies of Watership Down, ranging from hard cover, paperback, 1st edition. re release edition penguins edition, so forth and so forth.
And I adverstise to people. "Come buy books from me, at my home, I have over 70 titles to choose from. " So people come to my home to buy some books but only to see that over 50% of them are all Watership Down, and I say, "No these are different, this one is a trade paperback, this one is a standard paperback, this one has a new forward."

see what I'm getting at?

I'm sort of an electronic gadget junkie and you see padded specs throughout the industry, battery life, contrast ratio in HDTV's, number of titles for e-books stores. so on and so on
It just kind of drives me crazy . I guess it's just me

Last edited by boswd; 06-27-2010 at 07:39 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote