Thread: MobileRead July 2010 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #61
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
No. I don't see a problem. Most first books of a series still pretty much stand on their own. For example, I have read Mistborn... it is the first of 3 but the story in that particular book ended and while I want to read more I don't feel the story wasn't concluded.

Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold is the first of 5 I think in that series. But, it is also a great stand alone story. this book is what got my hooked on Terry Brooks. Same with Wizard's First Rule... etc.

Ok... now there is a rule...

Rule: there is no rule about nominating a book from a series/triligy, etc.

BOb
So then it is ok to nominate a book in the middle of a series even though that's just wrong?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote