View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #70
tyche
Addict
tyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with otherstyche plays well with others

Device: PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddos View Post
iBooks (the one that looks worse) is there in all of its mostly-default glory, with the only change being that I turned on full justification. That's the terrible default font of Palatino at the default font size. I'm not sure I'd blame the source material for it looking terrible.
Here are a portrait and landscape shot of a book I'm currently reading in iBooks (font is 2 sizes above min for two. The 3rd picture shows smallest font and all icons turned on and isn't blurry at all on the iPad screen). I know everyone has their own preferences but I don't feel this looks terrible. Pushing margins to the absolute edge just make longer reading lines which aren't as needed on an iPad as their would be on a smaller screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003s.png
Views:	220
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	53974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004s.png
Views:	250
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	53975   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.png
Views:	233