View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; iPad3, iPad Mini; Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
I had the same problems.

I don't have that many documents, but I do take a lot of notes on PDFs. I archive my annotated PDFs on my PC, but I wanted to keep a backup copy of all the archived files on an SD card.

With about 200 PDFs and roughly 2,000 notes, it takes about 20-30 minutes to finish loading.

Even worse, if I try to add notes to any document, it seems to take forever to save them.

Both problems disappear if I take the SD card out.

I don't really care about carry THAT many documents with me (although, SONY lying to us once more - I got burnt on TVs, PS3, cameras, etc. - does piss me off). But I would like to have a way to backup my annotated files, in case my PC crashes.

I tried copying the SONY database on my PC, but once I transferred the files to another system, I couldn't access the notes. So I resorted to the SD-card method.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote