View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #9
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Belatedly, what you should do and see to charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I found out the problem was me. At first, I was just giving the power button a quick press. I finally figured out you have to do more than a quick press. However, holding the button too long causes the on/off cycling I reported. Having the problem corrected when I plugged in the charger was a coincidence; it would have cycled out whether I plugged in the charger or not. Now I know to push and hold the on/off button until the light comes on, then release it.
Dear Lady Fitz:

I am glad that you solved your problem already. For anyone else with a Mentor, here is my recommendation:

1. Turn the device fully "off".

2. Connect one end of the cord from your A/C charger to an electrical outlet of the proper voltage.

3. Plug in the other end to the device. Be careful, sometimes the fit is tight. Make certain it seats FULLY!

4. This should automatically start your unit (it turns itself "ON").

5. After going thru a few warm ups it will get you to the Main Menu and in the lower left of the screen you will see a rough battery shape with small rectangles in it. A full charge shows 8-10 small rectangles and fills the battery!

6. To the right of the battery icon you should see a rough shape of an electric plug with a "+" shown in it. If you do not see the "+"... your unit is not charging. Recheck all connections!

7. Charge for 10-12 hours!!

8. Recharge when the battery charge life meter shows 3-4 rectangles left!! Do NOT drain the battery first... just recharge for 10-12 hours!!

I will add this to the FAQ sheet!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote