View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
When I bought my PRS-505 from London early last year, the price tag was just over £200 -- near as dammit $400 at the time. It's worked like a Trojan and I've never regretted a penny of what I spent. But I have my reader: my concern these days is to encourage other folks to get theirs. Good as the Sony hardware might be, they must drop prices if they are to attract more people to the concept of reading on a device. Unlike Kindle, which is pretty well tied to Amazon, the Sony is more flexible ... but it does have its device-dedicated store, so the Sony PRS is largely a delivery vehicle for other merchandise. The price of readers should take this cash-spinning byproduct into account. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote