Originally Posted by MrGordons
ebookapps, that website is amazing, if whats on offer works then you are a miracle worker, do you know if calibre plays fine with the alternate firmware?- thanks! looks good so far, download in progress
also, how does one browse books by tags or collections, surely the firmware hasn't removed that useful setting?
Before you try this firmware you should take the previous advice and do a format of your internal memory via the advance settings menu.
Don't forget that PRS+
is a rock solid firmware enhancement package that includes a bunch of added features.
Enhanced firmware for Sony eBook reader. Project was founded as "Browse Folders", but has grown into something bigger. Currently only PRS-505 model is supported.
Features implemented at the moment (for more details check the User Manual)
- Browse Folders for books (sort by author, title, filename, author swapping surname/name)
- localization (Catalan, Deutsch, Czech, English, French, ქართული, Русский, Spanish, 简体中文)
- dictionary by Clemenseken & Lisac & m-land (to use it, put your dictionary files int /database/system/PRSPlus/dictionary. Dictionary files MUST have "dic" extension)
- Book History by kravitz
- option to set default zoom size, limit available zoom steps by kravitz
- Menu Captions (aka Unified headers, always small, always big, sony default)
- Page Index (page index style "1 of 100", "1/100", "1/100 (0%)" etc)
- Clock (when to show, 24/12 hour modes, can be toggled on/off via hotkey configurable in Key Bindings)
- Screenshot (allows to make screenshots)
- Key Bindings
- Switching between custom EPUB styles (custom epub css hack was integrated (path to custom css is: internal memory /database/system/PRSPlus/epub/style.css)
This enhancement includes 3 games - 5 Balls, Mahjong, and Sudoku and will include a scientific calculator soon.