View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #26
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Sigil to slow to work in whole file, Charleski!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
And that's exactly what the old (pre 0.2.0) version of Sigil does.

If you have a set of files and need to automate the process, then going via Prince is a better idea, but with the old Sigil it takes me under 5 secs to open an epub with all its formatting in Word.
I don't know how you can stand it. When I have an html file that I've put into Sigil, for, say, a 300-page book equivalent, it'll take 2-1/2 minutes for it to come back to me after a single change (like removing a br/). I can't WAIT to put in my chapter breaks, it's the only thing that keeps me from going berserkers. Churns my CPU like it's making the Library of Congress (running XP 32-bit). It takes me the best part of an afternoon to go through and do what needs doing, and a seriously fair chunk of that isn't what I'm doing, per se, it's waiting. Nothing against Sigil; but damn, I don't know how you can wait that long for every little thing, to work in the whole file at once.

Hell, just to change from code view to WYWIWYG and back again--without any changes--is a 5-minute wait.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 06-17-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added an afterthought.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote