View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #25
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I didn't mean including Prince with Sigil, but including the option to use Prince (and the user would have to install Prince him/herself).
I'm not fond of the idea. It would involve depending on an external dependency which is out of my control. What happens when the Prince interface changes? Or the user uses an old version of Prince, one that Sigil doesn't support? Or a newer one?

What happens when Prince does something the user didn't expect, or has a bug? I'd get the bug report, and I can't fix it since I don't have access to the source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I'm sure I've also said this before
You have, in fact .

My suggestion remains what it was back then: turn that epub2pdf bash script into a GUI application (with PyQt perhaps). That would make it much more accessible, particularly to Windows users. A GUI app where one can just drag an epub into a window and have it converted into a properly typeset PDF would work wonders. Enable the use of some of Prince's advanced options like setting page geometry, adding custom fonts etc. and you have yourself an open source project I'd donate to in a heartbeat.

Lot's of people who don't know or care about Sigil could (and would) use that.

Last edited by Valloric; 06-17-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote