View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(pdurrant ? confirmation ? or at least tell me you do know the solution to the other one. you must. maybe you could post it here, in a spoiler tag.)

i like that idea, personally. if other people prefer to work it out alone, maybe you could use spoiler tags but write something like "not the solution" or "thoughts" or something so we know which ones are safe to click. what do you think about that pdurrant ?
The solution to the xkcd puzzle is very similar to the solution for this puzzle. Really, they're the same puzzle, just stated differently, and with different numbers.

There is a solution to the xkcd puzzle on the xkcd site, it's just the solution page isn't linked to from the puzzle page. You really have to want to find the solution to find it via an appropriate google search. I urge you to resist doing so.

If people want to collaborate on a solution, I'm happy for such messages to be posted here, although I think it might be best to post them

Thoughts towards a solution:
Spoiler:
like this

so that those who want to battle on solo can do so.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote