View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 02:46 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: AVTN8; BBMini; Onyx Boox T68; SGN8
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
there is some validity to the article, I can't imagine reading Watership Down in digital format.
don't get me wrong I love my nook but with certain books, nothing will take the place of beautiful hardcover and hte best contrast in any format.

but for day to day reading, I am fully on board the digital e-reader train.
I don't understand this... Why can't you read Watership Down in digital format, but can read author Yyy's latest novel?

I forsee a glorious role for paper books. They will be treasures. They will also be more expensive, but who cares, they'll be collector's items.

The paperbacks will disappear, in favor for electronic. But the hardbacks will be works of art. Something you will want to show in the living room. So, you'll have author Yyy's latest novel on your reader only, and Watership Down on display in your livingroom.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote