View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #10
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook SimpleTouch with Glowlight
I just don't get the worship of the paper experience. It's what I grew up with. I still have an extensive collection of pbooks gathering dust as I try to replace them all with ebooks. I go back to my pbooks when I want to reread an old favorite that isn't available as an ebook, but I miss the ebook experience. I can't comfortable hold my pbooks in one hand without risking damage to the spine of the book, they are way heavier than my PB360, and I can't read more than one book at a time easily. I've been reading a lot of political non-fiction recently and when it gets too heavy/depressing/boring I switch over to a lighter fiction read.

I really miss nothing about the pbook experience even though it's all I knew for the first 91% of my life. The only pbooks that I think are superior to ebooks are children's books. There's something magical about a nice big book and the child looking forward to what's on the next page. My son has his favorite parts of his books memorized and flips right to them. He wouldn't be able to do that himself, even on a large, color ebook.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote