View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
"I Won't Read a Great Novel on an eReader"

Came across this article discussing the move towards digital books. http://www.dailyiowan.com/2010/06/15/Metro/17517.html

Talks about the typical changes in the classroom, at university bookstores, recent statistics, etc...

But the interesting bit came toward the end...

Quote:
Prairie Lights customer Pasi Jouhikainen acknowledged that e-book versus print editions may not be a “one or the other” controversy.

“E-books are a great idea,” he said, adding it would also be easier for students to download new editions of textbooks rather than buy reprinted material every few years.

But he noted that there are drawbacks.

“I do not want to read a great novel on an e-reader,” he said. “There is something about the experience of holding a book and reading it.”
I myself would read any great piece of literature any day of the week on any eReader with decent contrast : ) But heck, I'm biased as hell...

What do you guys think? Is he going too extreme with the paper?
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote