Thread: I love Zinio!
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I love Zinio!

Thank you to whomever posted earlier about Zinio. I am so enjoying it. I always have loved magazines, but I would restrain myself because it was such a pain to store them. Now, I feel like I do not have to restrain myself. I have three subscriptions already and am thinking of getting more.

I worried briefly about the DRM issue, but then I realized that most information in magazines is not timeless anyway---I won't want to save it all for twenty years, necessarily. So if there is something I do want to save---I mostly am reading cooking and fitness magazines, so these are things like recipes, workout routines and monthly calendars with a tip a day sort of thing---I just use the screenshot feature, save the page I want, and then it's a regular old image I can store in iPhoto and do what I want with, the same way I used to clip articles from fitness magazines and store them in a binder.

And they are a good value, too. The cooking magazine was less than $15 for an entire year's worth of issues. I pay less than a book cost, once, and get a little present every month I am enjoying it so much.

I am thinking of getting Yoga Journal, Food Network Magazine, Oprah Magazine, Body + Soul and National Geographic. I would never buy so many in one month if it were paper, but with e-magazine, it's so handy and I can read them as much as I want and not worry about paper.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote