View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
i am amazed at how many people buy dedicated ebook reading devices. for me, that is just not "efficient" enough, i want it all in my pants
phone, organizer, reader etc.
Trouble is, though, that the requirements of different devices are contradictory. Most people want a small phone, but a large-screen book reader. It's not a case of "one size fits all". I read for many years on a PDA, but now I have an iLiad with an 8" eInk screen, I'd never go back to reading on a PDA except for the most occasional use.

Perhaps device "convergence" may become practical when we can carry around a small device which has a large screen which "unrolls" from it, but we're still a couple of years away from that.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote