View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilohertz53 View Post
When ebooks are truly mass market, will it still be fun?
It's not a matter of being a niche market. It's that we like our reading devices and the things they bring to us like the ability to have lots of books onhand, a small size, a given weight, no need to lug around some big heave hardcover book, and while the wow factor may be gone, the practical reasons will still exist.

And to answer the question ... yes it will still be fun. I didn't purchase my reader for the wow factor. I purchased it to actually read ebooks. I've wanted a device to read ebooks, but did not want some sort of palm/PDA.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote