Thread: Modified Cover
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW & Kindle app (iPad 3 & iPhone 5)
Modified Cover

Hi -

I walk to work, about a mile, and I read on my PB360 while walking. To be honest - it amazes me that I havenít hurt myself yet while walking and reading ... but thatís not why Iím posting.

Unfortunately, my hands and fingers sweat while holding the PB360 and, other than not liking the sensation, I fear that I may accidentally drop the device as it slips around in my hands (I donít like the wrist band). So, I modified the cover.

I took an old, black T-shirt and double sided paper and taped some cloth to the cover after drawing out a design that [kind of] matches the form of the PB360. The tape makes it so I could (can?) remove the cloth should I tire of it or it gets dirty and needs replacing. It does come off easily - but not so easily that the corners peel. I used double sided sticky paper from a craft store.

Iíve attached pictures in case anyoneís interested in what I did. It doesnít look totally awesome (maybe if I wasnít so conservative and used brighter, happier patterns ... ?) - but it does work. And thatís the point, yeah? The cloth absorbs my sweat, I donít have to feel the slippery plastic and I feel I can keep a firmer grip on the PB360.

Just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested.

Happy reading.

Marilyn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	53223   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover2.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	53224