View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #11
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Hi David, thanks for replying. My sister and her partner have had their share of struggles, some of it due to their own lack of parenting experience, I think. But whatever happens, they gave her a much better shot than she would have had otherwise. It is shocking, what some people do to innocent kids. I think the hope we are clinging to is they don't think there are any organic issues like fetal alcohol or anything, so if they can work out the mental blocks in therapy, she'll have a chance at a normal adult life. What is ironic is, when she got adopted they withdrew a lot of the services she was eligible for as a foster child---but then she disclosed abuse to a therapist and was able to re-qualify for most of the services as a 'victim of crime' under a special fund set up for those. So there is a lot of red tape and bureaucracy. And they have unfortunately faced some discrimination (my sister is trangendered and they are living as a same sex couple) so they have had trouble getting help at times.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote