View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #15
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone 4S
Someday -- sure. I'm 45 -- so perhaps in my lifetime. Consider that I spent $3,000 for my first computer about 20 years ago -- and my phone has far more computing power now. In the next 20 years I can't see why ebook technology will make paper books an expensive niche market.

At some point (well within 20 years) -- it will cease being economical to sell paper books as a mass market item. In 20 years we will no longer have a "non-technological" elderly population. 20 years from now, folks 65 yrs old will have grown up in the video age.

So yeah, the writing is on the wall for the mass market of paper books in developed countries. Not sure there's much of a mass market for paper books in the third world as it is.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote