Tolstoy, Leo: Anna Karenina, v1.6 12 Sept 2007
I noticed that this one was missing from the downloads site, and wanted to play with a new method of generating lrf files. I took the PG version and changed the markup to match Restructured Text (rst) format that comes with Python's DocUtils module. I then used rst2html to convert it to HTML, then html2lrf to make a reader format. All told, it took me about an hour for the first time.
I expect future books would go much faster.
The only problem I'm having is that the Table of Contents (TOC) generated by html2lrf gets confused, but the TOC generated by rst2html works well. It's just inside the first pages of the book.
(Note: Starting with v1.1, I've separated the parts into separate files, so the reader version of the TOC for the book now just contains a list of the parts. Inside each part, there's a separate TOC for just that part.)
The zip file attached contains the rst markup version (the original PG text split into 10 files, with slight reformatting), the HTML version generated by rst2html, and a makefile to show how I invoke each tool. I thought it might be useful to others to see what I did if this format seems good.
Last edited by phrodod; 09-15-2007 at 04:33 AM.
Reason: Updated version numbering to be consistent