View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
As I understand what is happening, the .pdf created is of the image based variety, which the JBL displays each page as an image. The JBL can't see the text of such a file as text. What Mazer has accomplished is to describe how to make each page of the pdf ebook match the display capabilities of the JB/JBL/Alura 5-inch display. Think of it as each page being a picture of the text as it appears on the page, with any font or other feature applied before the picture was taken.
The process here does not create an imaged based PDF, just a basic PDF text document formatted to the size of the reader.

I have no idea how the JBL would handle rtf fonts. I suspect they would end up as one of the two available on the JBL.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote