View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Sinner3k
Enthusiast
Sinner3k began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, B&N Nook Classic, Pocket Edge, Kindle Fire
Cool Another n00b appears!!!

Hi all!!

I'm new to the ebook scene (although I've been collecting PD ebooks for years waiting for prices to drop). I used a little B-Day money to get myself an Aluratek Libre and I'm waiting for it to arrive (I would have liked one of the fancier readers, but you deal with what you've got). I've been loading books into Calibre and cleaning them up all week in anticipation and I have to say that I am really impressed by it. Kudos to all the people that work and have worked to make it so awesome. I do have to say that I've had some trouble with editing epubs in Sigil and pretty much can't get it to work properly, although that may be because I'm running a 64-bit OS (dual boot of Win7-64 and Ubuntu-64). Perhaps somebody can point me to a hints and tips thread for Sigil? I'm really excited to be jumping into the ebook arena since I love to read and re-read some of my favorite books, but so many of them are in storage right now.

Anyway, just figured I would post in the intro thread to get things started off right.
Sinner3k is offline   Reply With Quote