View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:47 AM   #55
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I went to version 07 of the firmware and then stepped back to 05, so I know for sure in 05 you can change both the browser and ebook reading application from portrait to landscape. You can tell the browser to stay in landscape and every time you start the browser it will go back to landscape again and return to portrait when it leaves. The ebook reading application worked by changing the "lock" icon in the application menu to the top right. It didn't seem to cause problems for me, but apparently they disabled the lock icon in 07 due to a bug. They said it was going to be enabled again when they fixed it.

Also, I was having problems with the wifi in 07, and it appears other folks are too. Pandigital told me to simply re-install 07 to fix it, but that only partially fixed the problem. First time around, wireless just wasn't finding any routers. Second time, the routers would show up but it would forget the settings immediately and try to scan again. With 05 it works perfectly (wireless that is).

I noticed there seems to be an issue with using an SD card with the device. When I don't have one in it never freezes up. When I put in an SD card it works fine, and autodetects all my music and epubs on the card (which is VERY cool), and adds them to the library. The Pandigital tech said they are aware of this SD card issue and they are working on it and to check daily for updates.

Last edited by ColdSun; 06-10-2010 at 12:52 AM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote