View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #54
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I think we need to give Pandigital the benefit of the doubt. They seem to care about making a good first impression with this device and I can't blame them for that. I was really disappointed today because I was excited about getting one. However, the delay doesn't appear to be that big of a deal.

Mostly I blame Kohls for not knowing jack about the products they sell. They swore up and down yesterday that the device was online only. They also had no clue what it was. When I pressed them about it they eventually found two of them and agreed to sell them to me for $259, and no post purchase price match! Today I was told by two stores that they were defective and recalled. Given their overall lack of knowledge, I did what Coldsun did and called Pandigital.

It was nice being able to immediately talk to a real person who spoke English. They were very clear that they simply wanted to upgrade the firmware before the devices went on sale, and that the problem would be resolved in under a week.

I still plan on buying one when they are available (I'm first on the waiting list) and I will judge the device when it is actually in my possession, and not by the misinformation disseminated by some rude and ignorant Kohls employees (they were quite sarcastic until I proved that they actually carried the device).

This device seems to have a lot of potential, and definitely nails the price point I've been looking for. Lets not trash it without giving it a chance, because I for one would like to see this device catch on.

Coldsun, thank you for your impressions so far. After Nate's review I was convinced that we were in for another letdown. Now I'm willing to see for myself. I would really appreciate it if you could upload some videos of the device in action performing various tasks. There isn't much to go on right now, and sadly I don't have mine yet to play with! I sure wish I got one early so that I could upgrade the firmware myself lol.

One quick question for those that have one, can you browse the internet in portrait and landscape orientation? Thanks again to everyone that took the time to keep us all informed.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote