View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I may go on ebay and see if I can find a K1. But I wonder how much longer that will be supported? People may remember, when Amazon announced last year that it was working on "a way to organize your books" I emailed CS and asked about availability for K1. They replied, after checking, that K1 would also get the update. Well, that hasn't happened. So even if I get a K1, it may not work much longer. Which is exactly why I must choose between the update and using Amazon's kindle store. The very first thing I do after I buy a book is remove DRM. The book is never sent to anyone else, not even someone in my own family. But my next reader may not be a kindle. But Amazon continues to offer the best prices and availability (that is changing) on ebooks. I'm assuming it is their DRM that is changing, and the books I buy elsewhere will continue to accept my current method for removing DRM after purchase. It would be helpful if someone could confirm that.

Yes, I did just admit in writing that I remove DRM on books I have purchased. I do not believe the anti-piracy laws exist to lock me into using a single brand of reader. As a lawyer, I know that I would not make a good test case - bad facts make bad law. Much better to go after someone on the dark net.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote