View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpapathanasiou View Post
Well, we can think of good reasons why it shouldn't be a desktop app, but I'd be interested to know why you think it is a good idea (I'm not trying to be disagreeable, I just want to understand your point of view).
I can think of *one* good reason for it being a downloadable app - when you guys disappear (and the odds of you doing so are, for the first five years, better than 4-to-1 in favor of that) I'll still be able to use the app.

Don't know who you've been talking to, but *I* would be crazy to rely upon an online webapp. I own my own copies of Adobe Creative Suite (4), Microsoft Office (2010) and 3DS Max. And I wouldn't *dream* of relying on the (possible) continuted existence of a critical-need webapp.

Derek