View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 01:48 PM   #72
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
The problem I see with this is that since the options given are not those useful for ebook readers -- they're features of tablets -- the predetermined result of this survey is going to be "people want tablets". There is no option for "I don't want a tablet, I want a ebook reader."
To be fair, I'm not sure there's a huge market for simple e-book readers with 9.7" screens.

The majority of book readers seem to want smaller 5-6" screens that are easier to take everywhere with them. I'm not saying no one wants them, as some do be it for vision problems or just preferring larger pages etc. But they're clearly a niche device relative to portable readers.

So I see portable dedicated readers being a permanent fixture and not going anywhere regardless of how popular tablets become. But I think large screen dedicated readers like the Kindle DX will probably get killed off by tablets. I just don't see enough of a market for people who want a big screen device that does nothing but display e-books. But maybe I'm wrong. *shrugs*
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote