View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
Thanks,

Yea, Imperium. Price indeed set by publisher. Still much higher than available paperback I just saw in a bookstore. Seems to be a trend for ebooks to be more expensive than their paperbook counterparts. New hardback books are still a deal, but even there the difference is eroding given the usual 30% discount you can get new.
there are many threads about this in the "NEWS" section. a lot of folks are choosing to actively boycott these books by making that selection in the review column. publishers won't "get it" until they realize how many sales they are losing. especially if these books are available on the darknet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorz View Post
I live in NY and every publisher in the world has an office here and there is still no sales tax on any physical book.
I think a publishing office presence is different than a sales presence
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote