View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wheeze... pant... can't do it...

Man, I must be getting old! I remember reading Lensman as a kid, but I tried to read Triplanetary, and just could not get past the "quaint" old sci-fi dialogue. And I regularly enjoy the entire Doc Savage run!

It really is something, though, to read through books of this era to see where the prevaling attitudes were at, the use of concepts and technological ideas, and especially the writing styles... there was a distinct style about that time period, and Smith is all over it.

It makes me wonder how my writing will be looked at in fifty years' time.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote