View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Sales Tax and Ebook prices.

I haven't seen it discussed here, but when did Amazon start charging sales tax for ebooks? Seems to be not uniformly applied. A couple of books my wife bought (she has the kindle, me the ipad on one account) had sales tax charges. Seems I had a couple in the same period that didn't have sales tax applied.

Another dismaying problem I see is the price of certain books, particularly things in paperback already. I was looking at Robert Harris' Imperius. It is 9.99 in the kindle store, but 5.99 in paperback from Amazon? A small sampling of 4 or 5 paperbacks showed the same trend, the ebook noticeably more expensive than the paperback?

What is going on here? Seems I wish I had just kept in the paperback realm and got rid of them after reading at the local used book store.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote