View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura (soon), (soon-to-be-ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
0.7 -- Sending metadata to device is SSSSLLLOOOOOOOOOOW

Calibre 0.7, Mac OS X 10.6.3, Mac Pro Quad-core Xeon 2.8GHz, Sony PRS-700.

When I send books to my Reader, Calibre updates the metadata on the device. That's great! The problem is that with 400-ish books on the device it takes...

wait for it...

10 minutes for the update to complete. And the update runs automatically each time I add or remove books from the reader. If the update can be sped up, that would be super. If not, can it at least be deferred until I finish deleting and downloading books?

For most of those 10 minutes Calibre is consuming 100% of the CPU on one of my four cores. A quick sampling of the application suggests that nearly all of that time is spent messing around with xml files somehow (e.g., I saw an awful lot of XMLpathxxx entries in the profile data).

What further information can I provide to help diagnose the problem? I'm happy to provide further data as needed.

Xenophon

Last edited by Xenophon; 06-06-2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: complete a truncated sentence.
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote