View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 11:12 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie View Post
It seems like the answer to everything is PRS+.

I'm not trying to flame here, but as one who does not want to modify their firmware -- and has multiple readers, so modifying one doesn't help the other -- the PRS+ solution is... not!

One question I still haven't had answered is what is the default LRF font, and how do you select it for ePUBs? Without using PRS+ of course.

-Pie
I agree, I wouldn't want to modify my reader with questionable third-party firmware either. Besides, it is not for those who aren't geeky!

LRF files have embedded fonts, so there is no default font for them. Each publisher chooses the fonts they want. The Sony Readers do have three fonts installed for default use with ePubs, and they are crappy fonts.

The fonts that come with the Sony Reader are:

Swis721 BT, (filename tt0003m_.ttf), sans serif (normally used for headings)

Dutch801 Rm BT, (filename tt0011m_.ttf), serif (normally used for the main body text)

Courier10 BT, (filename tt0419m_.ttf), monotype

You can use calibre to adjust the font sizes and modify the CSS (cascading style sheets) for an ePb. The CSS gets complicated and requires that you look at the CSS in the ePub. Do a search in the forum for more info on modifying the CSS. You can also add fonts to the reader, but that is complicated too and requires CSS to use those aditional fonts.