View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat View Post
Why do you say it is incomplete?
I was told it is a full update like any previous.

In particular, on ebook.org forum I asked:
Could I updated my 12.04.2007 with the latest 30.07.2007 bypassing Mat's update (because I heard romours that it is incomplete)?

The answer was Yes.

?
Whoever posted on the forum is incorrect. 07/30/2007 is an incomplete update when going from the install.

I have no idea about the 12/04/2007 version. All I know is that going from the installer (4.0) and then directly to 07/30/2007 gives you an incomplete update. The reason is that the update assumes you've updated previously. And if not, it won't work. The 07/30/2007 update as received from the website is incomplete. The 07/30/2007 I posted here is a combination of all the updates since the initial install. So it is complete. I suggest you download the 07/30/2007 posted here and use that one for your updates.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote