Originally Posted by Strether
And I probably could do that as well, except:
1. What do I do with the folder containing the books that I've already developed using BD so that they're accessible to a new version of BD?
2. What did I do to cause the problem? Want to avoid having it happen again.
3. Why not close BD in minimized form? It installed so that it opened up that way and I've always minimized the screen when closing it.
4. What does screen resolution have to do with anything?
All of which is another way of saying I'm not sure I understand enough to mess around with it. I'm not trying to be argumentative, Jon; I'm just confused.
1. Just copy the html0 files and any created books out of the Book Designer directory tree before uninstalling it. I have BD make books in a totally seperate directory as I hate the defaults.
2. You closed it while BD was minimized.
3. Because it's very difficult to get BD to open other then either minimized or full screen.
4. Because BD is maximizing at your current full screen resolution, you have to set your computer's screen to a different size (not sure if smaller or larger) while it's full screen to be able to fiddle with it to reduce it to a size other then full screen or minimized.
The answer is NEVER close BD while it is minimized. In fact, never minimize BD at all just to be sure.