View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 06:31 AM   #9
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Kobo Touch, Sony PRS T3, Nexus 7, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post

It's now obvious to me that Word is not the best choice for editing html.
You never wrote a truer word in your life. The HTML and CSS from Word and Writer is garbage.

Could I suggest that you invest a little time in learning how to do markup in HTML and CSS? And learn how to validate it with the W3C validation service at http://validator.w3.org/? It really is not hard to learn - if I can do it anyone can.

You know the old saying "Garbage in, garbage out"? If you don't get the base document right you can't expect that Calibre or Meatgrinder or similar programs can produce good quality/well formatted ePubs.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote