View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
OKAY!

I took my Word doc and saved it as a "Web Page (filtered)." By choosing the "filtered" option, the html was much, much, MUCH cleaner. I converted the file with Calibre and it came out perfectly, as far as I can tell. I couldn't stomach going through every single page again, but I hit a lot of them, including the problem pages, and it all looks good!

As Mr. Ploppy says, it's about a 10-minute process!

So, apparently, my hours of torment can be attributed to Word's bloated html created when you save as a Web Page, not filtered.

I'll send the clean html file to Ghostwriter Publications.

Thanks, all, for letting me rant!
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote