View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Whether you agree with the way an author decided to promote his/her book, or do not agree, it is their choice in how they promote the book.

If you vehemently disagree with their promotion and feel the un-resistible urge to express these feelings; why not try a little constructive criticism? You know, the whole "more flies with honey" idea. Two folks did an excellent job of this and another did a decent job of concise, but un-offensive. The other replies are a sure fire way to dissuade authors from having promotions for their books, or at the very least, from announcing them here at Mobileread for fear of being flame sprayed because one or more people do not like the promotion.

A little tact goes a long way people.

@ Jake, while a I personally appreciate any promotion that allows me to read something by an author new to me, I do feel that Jinlo has a concern that I share.

Logging into the forum and seeing several one-hour only promos could possibly put people off as they may feel that having to watch the forums constantly for book promotions could be a bit bothersome. Most authors allow a promotion to run for at least one entire day, but maybe a twelve or even six-hour promotion would be easier on potential readers and reviewers.

Either way, thanks for the book promotion. I hope I get a chance to snag it (and write a review).
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote