View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
nick000
nick000 began at the beginning.

Device: none
e-ink reader for PDF annotation?

Mobilereaders, I'm new to this and I'd appreciate your advice.

I'm and looking for (what should be) basic e-reader functionality that, so far as I can tell, doesn't exist on any e-ink reader yet. I would like to be able to:

1. Get pdfs onto an e-ink reader (preferably through a wifi connection to my laptop and/or the internet, but I could live with using a usb connection to my laptop).
2. Use the reader to view and annotate the pdfs--at least, highlight and make text notes.
3. Sync the annotated pdfs back to my laptop (or the internet) and view the pdfs with their annotations on my laptop.

4. View ebooks in epub and azw/mobi. (Other supported formats a bonus.)

Does anyone know of any existing or upcoming reader/software combination that would allow me to do all of this? I understand that some Sony readers can do (1) and (2), but not (3) or (4). I'm hoping I can achieve it through some software workaround. Or maybe there is some upcoming ereader that will allow me to do all of this?

Please let me know your thoughts.

As a sidenote, whoever puts out an e-ink reader with this functionality will have millions of professionals and academics throwing money at them.
nick000 is offline   Reply With Quote