Italian dict in progress...
I unzipped DictionaryConverter-neu 171109.zip, which created a subfolder DictionaryConverter-neu 171109. In that folder were the subfolders de, eng, heb, rus, ukr, each with 3 .txt files: collates.txt, keyboard.txt, and morphems.txt.
Then I created another subfolder parallel to these called ital and copied the 3 .txt files in the eng folder to the ital folder.
Then I tried to run
converter.exe comn_sdict05_italian-english.tar.bz2 ital
but nothing happened.
I got the .bz2 file from Schnitzel's link above so I assume this is the xdxf file. I didn't know how to make the .txt files for Italian so I just copied the ones for eng. But as I say, nothing happens when I run the command above.