View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 06:21 AM   #25
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I'm a full-time (read fourteen-by-seven) fiction editor and with a commissioned book of my own on the go right now for another house, so recreational reading time is tight. But I've bought between half a dozen and ten books from MR pals here (not all read yet) and continue to add to my MR TBR list. I tend not to read freebies.

One or two MR authors, I've actively promoted (only as a happy reader, mind you). Others haven't appealed quite as much -- though that's more a matter of preferred genre than any reflection on quality.

I reckon in a club like MR, where authors are obviously striving to provide what read-only fellow-members want (see another poll that started today that shows the proportions), readers could do a little more flag-waving with reviews when a book has hit the spot.

Because we're talking indie authors here, criticism, I think, is best expressed -- when it's constructively intended and written in that spirit -- in a PM to the author unless s/he expressly invites such public critique.

Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote