View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I dunno... does a person really expect sympathy when they deliberately, knowingly, put themselves in a dangerous situation - and get splatted? Especially when that situation involves deliberately angering and causing pain to an animal who didn't get to make a choice?

*frown*

And it's an interesting ethical point you raise - is it worse to cheer a bullfighter for delivering the killing swordthrust, or to cheer a bull for goring the fighter? *ponder*
I agree. I am 100% against bullfighting (and sport hunting...and sometimes fishing). I do however think it takes a sick individual to cheer for another human getting hurt.

"score one for the bull" was kind of a fucked up thing to say. It is their culture and they do not see what they are doing as evil. No need to wish needless suffering on a group of people because of their culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I wear your scorn as a badge of honor.
You would. It is equivalent to the bronze star in the troll army.

Last edited by happy_terd; 05-24-2010 at 12:31 AM.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote