Thread: SF Magazines
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
My own preference is for Analog, I find it gives a more consistent reading experience than the other two. As to F&SF, I'd agree that the quality of writing is very high; my problem is that they tend to publish well-written stories that don't interest me that much. From my perspective F&SF may tell a story better, but Analog has better stories.

It's all about what you like to read. F&SF is very good for literary speculative fiction, but it's not so much for old-school sense of wonder SF. For that I'd go for Analog or Jim Baen's Universe. Asimovs tends to have more of a blend between the literary and sense of wonder sides-- almost an SF mainstream.

I've been reading the magazines for the last thirty years or so-- and at one time my back issue collection went back to about 1930 in some cases. There's a huge amount out there.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote