View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
mgmueller
Wizard
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Over the past several weeks, I have received emails from Amazon CS offering updated corrected versions of Kindle books that contained errors [So far Ender's Game and Tai-Pan]. The emails warn that replacing the books will erase highlights and bookmarks from the current copy, giving you a chance to back them up before requesting the updated version be sent to your Kindle. Once you reply to the email, a new version is sent to the Kindle with the faulty copy.

I don't know if this is in response to customer complaints or is driven by the publishers [Tor and Dell for the above titles] - but this is a real step in supporting ebook quality - even after the sale!
I've got 2 such emails today, none before. Tai-Pan was one of them.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote