View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
ellenoc
Author
ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ellenoc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You didn't say what your criterion is. My list would be different if it were books I'm likely to reread, as opposed to books I enjoyed very much when I read them but don't expect to want to reread. Be that as it may, this is what I picked from those on my Kindle:

Brat Farrar - Josephine Tey (I have reread this a couple of times over the years.)
Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand - Helen Simonson (Probably will never reread, but it's a delightful story well told.)
All God’s Creatures - Carolyn McSparren (Almost but not quite in Herriot's class. I expect I will reread this someday.)
John Adams - David McCullough (Reading it on Kindle was my 2d time. I borrowed it from a friend when it first came out.)
A Night Too Dark - Dana Stabenow (I have all her Kate Shugak books and do reread them every 5 years or so.)
ellenoc is offline   Reply With Quote